New World. New Opportunities.
An emerging class of entrepreneurs, researchers, and visionaries are working on ways to harness the potential of cannabis to improve the human condition, and The Massachusetts Innovation Works is here to support them with a unique ecosystem of resources:
- World-class facilities capable of controlled, pharmaceutical-grade cannabis production in close proximity to the Boston/Cambridge high-tech hub.
- An integrated campus for a variety of industries - horticultural genetics, cultivation technology, medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical research and trials - where collaboration will accelerate innovation.
- Business expertise, venture capital and networking opportunities.
- Environmental and economic sustainability supported by professional management, private financing and a commitment to long-term community support.
Every day we broaden our insights into the healing power of cannabinoid compounds. In Israel, where medicinal cannabis has been legal for over 15 years, more than 110 clinical trials are currently underway, in which cures and therapies are being tested, assumptions challenged and discoveries made. The benefits of cannabis have been demonstrated in treating:
- Childhood Epilepsy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Auto-immune diseases, and many others
Read this paper from the National Academy of Sciences on the health effects of cannabinoids.
To foster greater understanding and spur business growth, we are creating, for the first time, an integrated innovation and manufacturing hub, merging cannabinoid medical device and pharma development, medical innovation, and pharma-grade manufacturing and growing techniques, to create a proving ground and incubator for entrepreneurs, researchers, academic institutions and large-scale manufacturers alike.
Calling All Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Leaders, Visionaries.
Our mission is to bring together the best and the brightest in Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technology, Medical Research and Academia, from Fortune-100 corporations to startups and early stage growth companies. Those looking to build businesses and spawn new ventures to improve the human condition.
We are actively seeking partnerships with organizations in the following areas:
Medical Device & Pharma
Manufacturing & Equipment
Pharmaceuticals & Medical Development
Whether you are looking to build a business, test a breakthrough concept or work in a dynamic, collaborative environment populated by like-minded individuals and entrepreneurs, we at the Massachusetts Innovation Works are dedicated to helping you achieve success. Please give us a call or click below to learn more.
Once the headquarters of Bell Labs/Western Electric, AT&T, and then Lucent Technologies, our 1-million square-foot facility is the ideal space to build a world-class manufacturing and R&D hub to develop and incubate innovative solutions for the cannabis industry.